A non-exhaustive list (in no particular order) of some of the great content about friendships we’ve found online, as there are many fabulous people writing about and studying this topic.
- Redefining health through vitality: New insight into five years of loneliness trends, in Cigna Group News and Insights
- The Friendship Dip, by Anne Helen Peterson, on Substack
- What if Friendship, Not Marriage Was at the Center of Life? by Rhaina Cohen, in The Atlantic
- Why Making Friends in Midlife is So Hard by Katharine Smyth, in The Atlantic
- If You are Wondering Why You’ve Lost Friends in Adulthood, This is Probably Why, in Vox
- The Friendship Files in The Atlantic
- The Pandemic has Erased Entire Categories of Friendship in The Atlantic
- 8 Ways to Lose Friends By Talking Politics, Susan Heitler Ph.D. in Psychology Today
- Friends are Breaking Up Over Social Distancing, by Ashley Fetters in The Atlantic
- There Are Huge Benefits to Having Much Older Friends (And Much Younger Ones Too), by Tara Bruno Trubela in Good Housekeeping
- The Challenges of Making Friends From Other Racial Groups, by Nadra Kareem Nittle in ThoughtCo.
- We All Need Work Wives: Here’s How Bosses Can Encourage Female Friendship by Frances Dodds in Entrepreneur
- 7 Habits of Lifelong Friends, by Kelsey Borresen in HuffPost
- 7 Types of Toxic Friends to Watch out For by Sherri Gordon in VeryWellFamily
- If you’re wondering why you’ve lost friends in adulthood, this is probably why, by Jackie Luo in Vox
We add to and update this list occasionally. If great content is omitted, it is entirely because of when and how we update this list, not because a particular piece of content isn’t awesome.
We’re always looking for great content about friendships and welcome your suggestions. Email us at friend (at) project-bff (dot) com.